The Sarada Krishna Homoeopathic Medical College delivers its services not only to those who are visiting the Collegiate Hospital but also to those in remote areas.
The institution takes up its social responsibility actively towards the neighbourhood community, thereby it has been organising number of extension activities for the cause of community through various outreach programmes ranging from invited talk, awareness programmes, rallies, distribution of pamphlets, street plays and other folks, medical camps, health survey, distribution of medicines etc. The annual and regular health programmes identified by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) observed both in and out of the campus. We actively participates in national health survey, preventive mechanism and reaching medical services to the remote and hilly places to weaker and isolated section of the society.
The following are some of the programmes organised by the institution:
- Swatch Bharath is practiced in our campus; awareness programmes are conducted and actively participated with cleaning programmes in nearby villages jointly with district administration.
- Adoption of village under Swatch Bharath Summer Internship Programme.
- Awareness programmes are arranged on behalf of Community Medicine, rallies, distribution of pamphlets and medical camps are organized.
- AIDS prevention and Blood Donation programmes are organized jointly with State Government Health Donation Department, in which donation of blood by the staff and students.
- Awareness programmes on Health, Sanitation and need for nutritious and balance diet are arranged.
- Awareness programmes on water-borne and air- borne communicable diseases are arranged
- Training and awareness programmes to parents, teachers and administrators on Learning disability, school health programmes and school health education are provided.
- Awareness programmes on Chunguniya, Dengue fevel are arranged in nearby villages and in remote and hilly places.
- 27 peripheral centers in the length and breadth of the district, in which patient care is given in different areas like primary health care, learning disability, mentally retarded, mental illness, and behavioural problems.
- Extension activities are carried out in collaboration with different religious, social and voluntary organisations like Malar Self-Help Group, Seva Bharathi, Good Vision, and Pallium, Kulasekaram and government agencies like Health and Education Departments.
- Health activities are carried out in all geographical locations namely rural, urban, tribal places, coastal areas, and Tsunami affected places.
- All these extension activities helps the students to mingle and share with social workers, school teachers, administrators, voluntary organisations, health department and public for their holistic development.
- Undertaking UBA (Unnat Bharat Abhiyan) programmes for transformational change in rural development through working with community.