PATHOLOGY AND MICROBIOLOGY
About the Department
and Microbiology department of Sarada Krishna Homoeopathic Medical College was
established in 2002 as a part of undergraduate course in Homoeopathy. The
department provide instructions to II BHMS students on Pathology and
Microbiology based on the syllabus prescribed the regulatory authorities namely
the Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University, Chennai and CCH, New Delhi. The
department imparts education aimed at knowing the reaction of man to different
morbid factors causing diseases; discriminate
symptoms of the patient & disease and substantiate miasmatic perspective
with pathology for an accurate homoeopathic prescription. The
department train the students in the subject, which is necessary for the
homoeopathic physician for diagnosis, prognosis, prevention and general
management of diseases.
department which include a faculty room with library, demonstration room,
museum, and laboratory has an ample space of 345.44 Sq.m with 255.Sq .m in excess
than that specified in the minimum standard requirement .
- Well established museum with wide collection of Pathological specimens,
histopathological slides , Charts,
models and laminated Photos.
- Well equipped laboratory with microscopes,
incubator, hot air oven, centrifuge, semi-auto analyser, UV Chamber, autoclave,
colony counter, and pH meters with the capacity to accommodate 100 students at
- Department library with 162 books
including latest Pathology and Microbiology books.
- Sufficient Infrastructure for ICT
- Bio-medical waste management system.
- Providing practical pathology
services including haematology and microbiology procedures for students.
- Research guidance and support for Microbiology
and Pathology part of the projects.
- Project supervision and Guiding students for Short Term Studentship
in Homoeopathy conducted by CCRH .