DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY
About The Department
It was established in
2002 for teaching clinical subject as part of UG course in
Homoeopathy. It plays a vital role in conducting community oriented activities
as part of BHMS curriculum and other extension activities for the wellbeing of
the neighboring community through various awareness programmes, medical camps,
social surveys, etc. As a teaching department, it makes the students well
conversant with the National Health problems of both rural and urban folks of
India enabling a Homoeopath to play an effective role in the fields of
preventive and social medicine leading to promotion of positive health
including family planning. In order to provide wide exposure to students,
we organises, field visit and Health Care extension activities.
The department which include a faculty room with library, museum
and demonstration room has an ample space of 224.79 sq. m., though we need 100
sq. m according to minimum standard requirement.
Well established Museum with wide collections of Charts, models,
· Collaborations with NGOs for community oriented activities
Conducting Preventive Health Camps and Health Surveys, Medical
Camps, School health Programmes, Health Education Programme etc.
26 Peripheral health centres in and around Kanyakumari district.
Enough vehicle facility for conducting extension activities.
· Preventive health camp through the peripheral health centers,
screening programmes, blood donation camps and other government sponsored
Distribution of preventive medicines when an epidemic out break
occurs and First aid homoeopathic medicine kit
Extension of Home care services for bed ridden patients.
· Active involvement in Anganwadi programme, PHC, health survey,
medical care services for Mentally Retarded people, Governmental programme
such as Swatchh Bharat, UBA, Swasthya Rakshan Programme.
· Participating in Medical Exhibition.
· Guidance and support for interns and UG students in their dissertation work and STSH programme respectively.
· Co-ordinate various extension activities such as NSS, YRC, RRC, MCH, NCD, Palliative Care, Epidemic Control Programme, School Health Programme,Learning Disability, Eco-Club, and Science Forum.