DEPARTMENT OF OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY
About the Department
of Obstetrics and Gynaecology was established in 2003 as a Clinical based
subject in Homoeopathic Curriculum for UG students. We train Homoeopathic
students on special clinical methods of investigation for diagnosing local
conditions and individualising cases, the surgical intervention either as a
life saving measure for removing mechanical obstacles if necessary as well as
their management by using homoeopathic medicines and other auxiliary methods of
treatment, make them competent Homoeopath with adequate knowledge & skill
and also make referrals of patients if needed. Obstetrics and Gynaecology
emphasise that prenatal and antenatal periods are the best time to eradicate
genetic dyscrasias in women. The students shall also be taught in the care of
new born. Since mother and child are considered to be a single biological unit
and hence students are motivated to identify the physiological relationship
persisting among them. The department is well equipped with necessary
infrastructure and experienced faculty.
- Mannequins for Skill Development in Ante Natal Care, Intra
Natal Care and New born Resuscitation in the Demonstration Room.
- Adequate Gynaecological & Obstetrical instruments for
- Museum with variety of Specimens, Charts, and Models.
- Laminated Pictures and Photographs of Pioneers in Obstetrics
- Adequate ICT infrastructure
- Periodical Journal Reviewing & Discussion (Latest
- E book collection for research and reference.
- Compendium of writings of various authors related to most of
the topic of Obstetrics and Gynaecology for related reference.
- Community awareness camps as a part of National campaign on
Homoeopathy for Mother and child.
- Providing tie up
arrangement with Govt. Medical College Asaripallam and Government Head Quarters
Hospital Padmanabhapuram, Kanniyakumari (Dist) for clinical training of UG
students, also tie up with Benzam hospital for clinical training for interns in
awareness Campaigns for health issues of females, pregnancy & child birth.
camps for malignancies of Cervix and Breast.
of days like International Women’s day, Breast feeding week.